#harpercollins MYyfavorite YA read so far this year. Dying for the sequel.
The weather outside has been dreadful, thanks to a subtropical storm that’s given all of Florida and environs a whole lot of grief. There’s been flooding, power outages and tornadoes; which is to say, typical summer weather in my area.
During this gloom, I’ve been reading, watching TV when my cable isn’t out, writing, and enjoying the company of three very needy cats. A friend of mine made a list of 100 of her favorite things to cheer herself up and suggested I try the same.
I thought that a very wise idea, and a chance for you all to get to know me better! I’d be surprised if you find any surprises but let me know if you do!! Also, why not join in the fun? Share your favorite things too!
Without further ado:
1. My daughter. Sara is my best friend and partner in crime, mostly willingly.
2. Cats. My trio in particular: Mazikeen, Noodle and Casanova.
3. Socks. The funkier the better. I’m not into shoes, but I do have a socks fetish.
4. Make up. I don’t wear tons of it but I sure love playing with it.
5. Unicorns. Been collecting since the 80s. The more unusual the better.
6. Shinedown. Duh.
7. Victorian themed stuff – linens, china, toys, clothes, etc
8. L. M. Montgomery and Anne of Green Gables
9. Classic “girl” books
10. Anime and manga
11. All animals but these are my favorites- koalas, sloths, lemurs, giraffes
13. Incense/oil burners
14. Perfume (my favorite is Chloe)
15. Baths. The hotter the better
16. Reading in the tub
17. Hot tubs & jacuzzis
19. Disney (favorite princesses are Rapunzel, Belle, Merida and Leia)
20. Robin of Sherwood and other Robin Hood tales
21. Fairy lights and twinkle lights
22. Japanese snacks and treats…. pocky, ramune, mochi
23. The macabre…
24. Roses and anything that smells like roses and has rose patterns
25. Snakes (especially Astrid our snake) and rats
29. The beach
32. Goddesses and the Divine feminine
33. Horror movies
34. Supernatural beings like vampires, werewolves, zombies, etc
35. Penny Dreadful
36. Subscription boxes
38. Tea. High tea when I can find it!
39. Candles especially scented ones although I like battery ones now because cats…
41. The Magicians tv series
42. Adult coloring books
43. Pink and purple, especially pastels
44. French macaroons
45. Antique shops
50. Baked ziti
51. Pad Thai
52. Poke bowls & sushi
53. Red curly hair
55. Dress up and cosplay
58. Universal Studios
59. Ghost tours and haunted places
62. Crystals and stones
63. Hair bands, bows, ribbons, tiaras
64. Studio Ghibli movies
65. Presents and (good) surprises!
66. Pillows and cool pillowcases
67. New underwear and lingerie
68. Fuzzy blankets
69. Full moons
71. Rock concerts and live music
72. Zoological parks that promote conservation
73. Libraries (and librarians)
76. New Age/metaphysical stores
78. Muscle cars
79. Cat bleps
80. Odd and unusual jewelry
81. Breakfast in bed
82. Flower gardens
83. Cotton candy and Superman ice cream
86. Nature trails
87. People who let you pet their doggies
88. Renaissance festivals
94. Strangers who smile at you in public
95. Holding hands
97. Social media
98. T-shirts with sayings
100. My readers!
There you have it! Doing this list is very good therapy, especially if we are grateful for those things we love. I know I am!!!
Please share some of your favorites in the comments, or a link to your blog.
Our giveaway has ended and Lisa M has won The Hazel Wood while Sheryl L has won the Blue Castle!!!
Thanks to all who entered. More to come soon!!!!!
It’s my first giveaway! I have two books to give away to two lucky people!
The first is a copy of my favorite L. M. Montgomery book, The Blue Castle. I collect editions and realized I probably didn’t need 5 copies…. at this moment!
The second is the Owlcrate exclusive edition of The Hazel Wood. It’s the first time I’ve gotten a copy of something I already own from the subscription service. It’s a lovely book and this edition is still wrapped in plastic, comes with stickers and will either be signed by the author or have a signed book plate. It also has an alternative cover!
To enter, like and follow my Facebook page, https://mobile.facebook.com/wishfulthinking129/#!/wishfulthinking129/Facebook Wishful Thinking
And follow me on Twitter: @sleepingkoala45.
Leave a comment on both so I know you visited! Good luck!!!!
PS Cats Not Included